AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mark Existing in Schematic List not working

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jmterlap
518 Views, 2 Replies

Mark Existing in Schematic List not working

We have been adding parts to footprint drawings for many weeks and have been using the Mark Existing feature in the schematic listing to know what are the new parts and what are already added.  I just tried today and it is not working.  I did an AEREBUILDDB but still not luck.  Any suggestions on what to look for?  The Installation and Location codes are identical for the devices and the Surfer shows that they are "Linked".

Any help is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: jmterlap

Try these steps...

1 Shut down ACADE.

2 Find the <Project Name>.mdb database file (make sure it is the MDB file) and delete it.

3 Start ACADE and the project database will be rebuilt.

4 Try the Mark existing on the schematic list again.

Sometimes the project database gets out of step with the project and even an internal project rebuild won't fix it, but deleting the file and then recreating it from the dwgs does.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
automationstar
in reply to: Icemanau

Some devices, with "TRMS" (terminal - not sure if there are more, probably distribution blocks etc also) family codes in the panel layout block definition will not show as "existing" when you rebuild the schematic list.  For example, the Allen Bradly Fuse Holder 1492-H5 is treated like a terminal, not a fuse holder.  It will show up when used in a terminal plan though.  I prefer to drop them in individually/manually rather than have them appended to a terminal strip ID.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost