AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

management of cross-references

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Impresss
435 Views, 2 Replies

management of cross-references

Spoiler

Good morning.
Could you tell me about the management of cross-references a relay coil?
I know insert the relay in the icon but not the "smart" cross-reference menu.
And when I find the symbol of a relay with its references to an existing project that I copy, I can not seem to modify them according to the desired type of relay:
symbol found:
relay 3NO, 2NC

Desired symbol:
relay with 1NO.

Thank you VERY MUCH!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Impresss

When you assign the part number via Lookup, the software checks the pin list database for the pin assignments. This determines the number of contacts available. The cross-reference data is based upon the pin list data and the location of the contacts within your drawings.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: Impresss

The cross reference information is edited automatically when you add or remove child contacts from the parent relay.

However, for this to happen properly, you MUST use the autocad INSERT COMPONENT tool.

Insert a coil using this tool and a dialog box pops up allowing you to enter information like TAG identifier, LOCation, INSTallation and also allows you to select or insert the correct catalog information.

When inserting a contact using this tool, you get a lot less information to insert. The main object of the dialog box for a child component is to select the parent component's TAG. This is done utilising one of the three selections below the TAG box. The First and Second choices bring up a list of already existing parent components to select from while the Third choice allows you to pick from the current dwg. Only fill in the required TAG, INST & LOC manually when you haven't already inserted the parent component.

When you insert the child and select it's parent, ACADE then creates a link between the two components and updates the cross reference information on both the parent and child. The parent shows the location of each child while the child only show the location of the parent..

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost