AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making panel components annotative

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kc8akw
281 Views, 2 Replies

Making panel components annotative

At this juncture, we are trying to bring components into our panel drawings on a 1 - 1 scale.  the difficulty arises when we get into larger panels and our tag sizes are too small.  If I change the P_TAG1 syle to Annotative, I can get it to scale properly.  The difficulty seems to be that this attribute is not embedded in the footprint files.  I am looking for a way to automatically make this attribute annotative without having to edit every footprint on the panel.

Thanks,

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: kc8akw

I haven't used this annotative-thiung much, but might it be so that you have to make the attribute annotative also, not just the textstyle it uses?

If so, you can edit the attributes in WD_PTAG.DWG to be annotative, and maybe do a "swap/update block" afterwards?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 3
kc8akw
in reply to: rhesusminus

We seem to be on the right track. I edited the we_ptag.dwg and wd_ptag_addattr_comp.dwg files. I picked the "Annotative" attribute and set the Annotative property to "YES" in the properties box. The symbol now comes up with the proper style, but the Annotative property is still turned off.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost