AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Project Files in AE2009

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
daver700
326 Views, 3 Replies

Lost Project Files in AE2009

I have installed AE2009 on a new computer. I had local project files on my old computer that I moved over to the new one. But now I can't seem to get AE2009 to populate the Project Manager browser with my list of projects.

I tried copying the project *.mdb folders and files from AE2008 and placed them in the directory that the Lastproj.fil points to and that didn’t help. I also tried editing the existing lastproj.fil by adding a line to point to one of the old project files. That didn’t work either.

How can I get AE2009 Project Manager to display my list of projects without having to add each one individually? This has happened each time I have upgraded to a new version. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: daver700

You haven't lost any project files, just the project list in project manager so no need to worry. It is healthy to close projects you are no longer working on and free the project manager. In earlier versions of the program the more projects you had in the project manager window meant a longer startup of AcadE. Each time I install fresh and clean my project manager reverts to only displaying the default projects that come with the program for learning. What you are describing is a normal situation. Just click to Open a project and navigate to the .WDP file for the project(s) that you wish to have readily available in project manager.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 4
thcox1

In the Support/User folder you will find a file LASTPROJ.FIL
It contains all the projects you have opened.
Copy that file to the new system and you will have the same opened projects as your first system.
Use note pad and take a look at that file.
The first line is the active project, and also take notice of the "2" at the end of the first line.
Message 4 of 4
daver700

This worked exactly as you described.

Thanks for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost