AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Symbol Link

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jlr573
236 Views, 5 Replies

Losing Symbol Link

When i create a new panel symbol and link it to an catalog item it will insert that item correctly, but if i try to go back to use it again ACAD tells me that it doesn't have a link to the block file. I pretty sure I'm linking it correctly because i do it the same way every time and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. This problem started we upgraded to 2007.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jlr573

Can you explain some more about what you do and get. Or take a screenshot of the problem. Because it may be several things.

Sven Kloeck
Electrical Network Design
Message 3 of 6
jlr573

Problem:
When i try to insert a new Panel symbol from the catalog database AutoCAD tells me that it can't find the symbol.

What I've done:
When I create a new symbol I save it to the correct panel library folder. Then I create the catalog information. Then I click ok to get out of the catalog, then i link the catalog information to the new symbol, click ok and AutoCAD inserts the symbol, No problem.

The problem occurs when i try to re-insert the same symbol from the catalog.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I don't use 'insert footprint (catalog list)' so I don't know much about this. I'm guessing you're getting a message like in the attachment. Look in the database 'wd_picklist.mdb' and see what block it references to. Also look if the project file has the correct panel footprint path.

Sven Kloeck
Electrical Network Design
Message 5 of 6
renata_pfeifer

You might also want to check the footprint_lookup.mdb. I have added lots of panel components and sometimes have the same problem. Not sure why, but I have started to double check the databases to make sure the information is added and not just temporarily inserted.
Also make sure the catalog information matches to in the default_cat.mdb Message was edited by: renatap
Message 6 of 6
renata_pfeifer

added view of database to show connection.
Renata

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost