AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loosing trust in Acade’s wire numbering ability

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
arlene.mccoy
220 Views, 0 Replies

loosing trust in Acade’s wire numbering ability

I am loosing trust in Acade’s wire numbering ability. If all my project settings are set the way I want them to be, and all my dwgs match my project settings. I would just toggle through my dwgs and as long as I saw wire numbers I trusted that they were correct. Engineers would do a lot of unnecessary wire number proofing and I used to say wire numbers are not a problem, do you trust your calculator?
I create and maintain standard sets of wire diagrams that we use over and over to start each new production job. In January we archived a set for a product line and lots of folks had looked it over for errors etc. I had run audit project, project rebuilds, renumbered wires etc and it was released to use. Now after 4 months of using this standard set a wireman spoke up and asked why the wire number changed from 26-C0B to 59-C0B in the middle of a common run. The diagram is only 31 pages. Where on earth did 59 come from and why did it get so embedded into the particular source signal that I found to be the culprit. It’s fixed now but my engineer is asking;
Interesting, find out more about this, so that hopefully, we don't repeat same or similar problems/mistakes.
How did the source signal become corrupt?
Is there any way to tell?
Can we watch out for certain things?
Is there a way to tell if we have any corrupt signals?
Can we give feedback to anyone?
Thanks
Arlene
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost