AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loop Diagrams - Few Issues!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
830 Views, 5 Replies

Loop Diagrams - Few Issues!

I've written a few posts lately relating to different issues I'm having with ACADE 2015.

Basically I am trying to create a loop diagram to a customers specification. They have drawn all previous diagrams in standard autocad but the number of cables on this project would have me sitting here for months.

I have created symbols for a PLC module and valve feedback blocks (again to customer specification) and I am using the Fan In/Out utilities to detail the cable and cores. This clearly isn't what this utility was designed for and to be honest It's quite poor and time consuming anyway.

Issue No.1.

An example core number (not cable number) is 300-XCV-2025/(1-13-1-6)15. I'm finding that this is too long one character too long, having adjusted the database from 18 characters to 50. Why? how do i change this? I need to be able to enter the correct data to create a cable schedule report.

Issue No.2

Using fan in/out I give the main cable a reference, but what about the core colours/numbers? again I need this information to create the report.

I must admit I'm dissapointed that ACADE doesn't seem to be setup for Loop diagrams. It should be so simple.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

Issue 1:
I don't think you can change this. I HOPE there is a way to do this (ref my own post regarding field lengths for installation/location)

Issue 2:

In the fan in/out symbol, what you write in the description fields are used as the cable core color/number. I've created my own fan in/out symbols that display this as I want it to.
Capture.PNG

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thanks for the reply.

If you can't thats shocking. How can you limit the length of a wire number?. Of course we all like to keep them short but some people prefer not too. It shouldn't be limited.

OK, thanks for that. I'll run it again using the description as my wire colour.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I HATE the Fan In/Out feature. Its awful. I've created the diagram that I want and will tackle the wire numbers seperately. The diagram has been saved as a template but low and behold the Fan In/Out appears to require a complete re-build. Its crap. I'm getting so frustrated with this.

Make Loop Diagrams easier to create! I'm at a point here where we are looking at the best package to purchase for the company and ACADE isn't looking like an option.

Message 5 of 6
ccad2509

I have the same problem with loops thats why i do it in plain autocad

i have a application which takes a spreadsheet  selects a loop template and them populates the drawing saving it with a new file name

i get round my reports by doing them in excell and using pivot tables

The spreasdsheet will have all the info from the plc chanel out all the way to the field device which i do anyway before i drwa and lines /arcs/circles

i have been looking at the circiut builder app and spreedshet to plc app but i dont think its going to work in the current format

Message 6 of 6
austin.gellis
in reply to: ccad2509

CCAD2509, could you please explain what program you are using to execute your loop template population? 
Any information on how you created this would be greatly appreciated. 

I am trying to create a system that auto-populates loop diagrams from a spreadsheet. 

Thank you in advance for any support you are able to provide on this.

(Attached is an example of the drawing I am trying to auto-generate).

--

A.G.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost