AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for CAD Electrical Knowledge Resources

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Hos245
464 Views, 2 Replies

Looking for CAD Electrical Knowledge Resources

Hey guys,

I just started a new job with a company that uses AutoCAD Electrical 2014 & AutoDesk Inventor. For the last 4 years I've been becoming an expert more with PTC products (Routed System Designer/ProEngineering/Creo Suite) and the change over is quite a bit different  than expected. I've worked with schematic programs such as Zuken e3 that can also export parametric information to create harness drawings (XML files, *.dwg files, etc.). 

This company doesn't have a foundation yet for routing 3D harnessing, which I'm hoping to develop over time, but I have limited knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical & AutoDesk in general (which they were OK with since I have lots of electrical manufacturing experience). 

I guess I'm asking if AutoCAD Electrical can export parameters from a 2D schematic for a 3D harness that could be modeled/routed in Inventor? Also, if you have any good book resources for AutoCAD Electrical/Inventor in general, as well as any online resource, I'm game to incorporate everything I can to tackle learning the softwares.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: Hos245

Yes, from AcadE 2014 you can export wire/cable information, and use this in Inventor Prof., and then create alle the wire harness stuff there.

When it comes to resources...

1. Training at your reseller

2. Self study http://www.ascented.com/courseware-solutions/autodesk/courseware/autocad-electrical.aspx

3. Use this forum!

4. AU online: http://au.autodesk.com/au-online/classes-on-demand/search?full-text=autocad+electrical+harness+inven...

Don't be afraid to ask "stupid" questions here!

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 3
Hos245
in reply to: rhesusminus

Ok! Great thank you!

I'll be checking out these links asap as well as running down the forum (there's a lot of info to browse through and I'll look for a starting point).

I appreciate the help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost