AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOCKUPs - Acad Elec 2013 - Product Design Suite

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dennis
328 Views, 2 Replies

LOCKUPs - Acad Elec 2013 - Product Design Suite

Scenario: In the suite we have Acad Mech and Acad Elec.  Acad Mech run fine, however, Acad Elec repeatedly crashes.  It is random times: just launching it, accessing a dwg from the project, editing with standard acad tools like trim or attedit, but most the time when we close it.

We have tried: Uninstall, deleted folders, reinstall.  New projects and sample dwgs, or our working files, doesn't matter.  Hardware accel on and off, various setting changes pulled from other locations on this discussion group (Acadd mainly) including setting Win7 to classic, etc.

Error is the Unhandled Access Violation and 'yes' we have repeatedly sent the "Notify Autodesk of the Error" with dump files, etc.

Any ideas out yonder???

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: dennis

Hi dennis

I find ACE 2012 a very unstable product BUT I have learnt to over come some of its problems.

I have visited the AutoCAD site and some of the folks there are having similiar problems.

I had a bleate about it and the AutoDESk moderator has raised it as a problem with the basic product group.   I am not holding thy breath.

My company has a very active virus program that runs, in my opinion, runs too often but i am stuck with it.

We are using SOPHOS.

When it does its Monday scan it will fill memory( the dark blue area) and I need to reboot the machine.  I can't use ACE2012 while this is running.  ACE and the mechanical will not run correctly.

In WIN7 Start task manager there is a coloured bar.  When the dark blue bar startd to fill more than normal then it is time to restart the computer.

I stop using ACE2012 if there is more than normal disk activity.  this seems tomuch up ACE2012.

My drawings are on an office server so the network is sometimes slow causing problems.   I have all my symbols on my local computer.

I can work but it can be trying at times.   My machine has 8gb memory and an unsupported vidio card.  SOme IT folks seem to think that a good gaming card is OK when it is not.  Navidia Card is needed NOT any card with Navida chip sets.

This has been addressed somewhere on this forum.  My 15 yeards on Mainframe computers, much network experience and the first Windows program that came after MSDOS 3.11 has taught me about compatability problems.

As you can read, I do not have any answers just understanding as I have similiar problems.

Cheers   John Q

Message 3 of 3
rwydesk500
in reply to: Anonymous

We are not currently running AutoCAD 2013.

But, FYI regarding virus software: System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection (Microsoft Security Essentials = FREE) is what my company uses. On the Settings tab of it's dialog box, there is a check box for "Limit CPU usage during scan to:" ??%. The option to limit can be set to 10%, 20%, and so on, up to 100%! Maybe your security software has similar settings?

I know memory is different than central processing, but I think it could make a difference.

When we move to AE 2013 - Product Design Suite, I'll try to report back.

Regards,

Rick Yoerger

AutoCAD Electrical 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost