AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location of Terminal Descriptions Using Spreadsheet to PLC I/O Utility

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Outbound
351 Views, 3 Replies

Location of Terminal Descriptions Using Spreadsheet to PLC I/O Utility

I am learning to use ACE2012's Spreadsheet to PLC Utility, and have successfully formatted it to reflect the expectations of my company in most ways.

When a combination I/O object appears, it is placed in the center of the rail, as intended.  However, terminal descriptions appear the same distance from the combination I/O module, as they did for  Input only, or Outout only modules.  Because the conbination module is in the center of the rails, the terminal descriptions are located well inside the rail, instead of outside the rail, as intended.

Is it possible to set defaults so that terminal descriptions for an Input module (right side) and a combination module (center) would result in terminal descriptions at the same destination (just right of the right rail)?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: Outbound

The location of the descriptions is based on the base dwg that particular input/output is built from. You will need to create new Inputs and outputs that place the descriptions where you want them to be and use those instead of the ones supplied. Maybe use the orriginal dwg and suffix it with a _1 to make it unique.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 4
Outbound
in reply to: testsubject

That makes sense, but it would appear that I would need to specificy the newly created block, each time that I need to include a combination module.  Am I correct in assuming that the process you suggest would not result in a default setting that would, by default, affect all combination modules?

If so, at least your suggested method would permannently apply to each combination module once used.  Since my company tends to use familiar modules, each of those would eventually be correctly modified to include the improved block.

Am I understanding this right.

Thanks so much for your help.

Message 4 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: Outbound

Yep. You got it. This would require changing all the combination modules to point to your new base dwgs but once they are done, thy are done. Until the next release...Smiley Wink

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost