AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location of Scratch Database?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
hanchris
1145 Views, 1 Reply

Location of Scratch Database?

Is there a way to change the location the scratch database is stored? I am really talking about a setting a user can do individually since it looks like this can be set in the environment file, although I have not played around with that setting.

Thanks. Edited by: hanchris on May 5, 2010 6:31 PM
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
zalant
in reply to: hanchris

I realize that this is an old thread, but I thought I'd reply so that it might be useful to others searching for this information.  Here is the method to redirect the project scratch database files in AutoCAD Electrical 2013.  For other versions, the path locations will be the same, but the names will vary slightly.

1. Close AutoCAD Electrical.
  2. Create a new folder where you want the project scratch database files to reside.
  3. Copy the lastproj.fil file from C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2013\R19.0\enu\Support\User and paste it into the new folder you made in step 2. (Note that on Windows XP, the path will be C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2013\R19.0\enu\Support\User.)
  4. Open the WD.env file in Notepad and edit it as shown in this screen capture:

Scratch Path.jpg

5. Close and save the changes to the WD.env file.
  6. Launch AutoCAD Electrical and verify that the scratch database files are now being stored in the new specified location.

Zac Travis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost