AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

location of location box

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kani_mca
733 Views, 4 Replies

location of location box

How to find position of LOCATION BOX in Autocad Electrical Drawing using vb.net?

I want to get position X,Y,Z ?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: kani_mca

To locate and identify what AcadE sees as a Location Box, search for closed Polylines with XDATA named VIA_WD_LOCBOX* on them.

Then, use standard VB.NET functions to get the bounding box of the polyline.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 5
kani_mca
in reply to: rhesusminus

I got the polylines Position..

I want to place one text in  the lower left corner of the Location Box using vb.net code.

I have created Text using vb.net..

when i draw location box from bottom[StartPoint] to top[EndPoint], It will place my text correctly in the lower left corner of the Location Box.

If I draw location box from top[StartPoint] to bottom[EndPoint], It will place my text at top of the location box...I used position from  Polylines.

if i draw location box from whatever position[from top to bottom or bottom to top],i want to place my text in the lower left corner of the Location Box.

Can we do that?how should i get lower position of location box?

Message 4 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: kani_mca

Get the GeometricExtents of the polyline. This returns an Extents3D object that contains the MinPoint.X, Y and Z.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 5
kani_mca
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thank You Sir,It works Correctly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost