AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loc/Inst suppression when matching Location Box

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Dag_Henrik
639 Views, 6 Replies

Loc/Inst suppression when matching Location Box

Is there a way to suppress the Installation/Location tag mode when matching Location Box like there is when matching drawing default?

I use autoCAD E 2012, is it maby possible in 2014?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
kghew1
in reply to: Dag_Henrik

This can be done in the Dialogue Box which opens when a Location Box is created, when you check 'Force Installation and Location attributes to be visible or invisible'. By default, installation and location values on all symbols within the Location Box are invisible. If the 'Force...' option is checked, you can then check one of its sub-options to set the visibility of installation / location attributes for symbols which are located (or at least, whose origin points are located) within the Location Box. Sub-options are 'Force to visible' or 'Force to invisible'

These features are greyed-out if the Location Box is created without enclosing any existing components. If this is the case, then to use them, one or more components must be placed within the newly-created Box, which can then be edited with these features active.

Hope this helps

Keith H

p.s. AE 2013 & maybe 2012 - If you want to modify values applied to an existing Location Box, and are using 'Classic' workspace : do not attempt to use the  'Edit Location Box’ toolbar button (no command line option) - because, whilst it may seem to be an eminently logical choice for this function, it doesn’t work. The button is a dormant left-over from previous releases.

Instead, try using the 'Edit Component' toolbar button (command line AEEDITCOMPONENT)

- which works for Components, Cables, and er… Location Boxes.

Message 3 of 7
bpasqualini

Hi,

I understand you want to get -11BG1 instead of =KRAN3+FELT-11BG1.

It is not possible.

BR

Message 4 of 7
CAD-ICE
in reply to: bpasqualini

Hi there!

I know for a fact that this is possible so my guess is that you have set ACADE to format the inst-location value into the tag. This can be set either in the project or drawing properties under component tag optiions.

I hope this helps you into the right direction.

Regards, Gary

Message 5 of 7
Dag_Henrik

First off, thanks for all responses.

I see that I expressed myself a bit implicit.

We use the Combined Installation/Location tag mode, being from Europe and all that, so the attributes LOC and INST are "never" used in our drawings.

The problem with the Combined Installation/Location tag mode is the lengthy tags that occur as seen in my attachment in the first post. A good solution to this is to insert a Location Box and have the tags reduced like they are when matching drawing default.

If there is no way of doing this as per today, it really should be implemented in the future.

Does anyone know of a work- around?

One way achieving this may be to remove the =KRAN3+FELT from the Value in the TAG1 attribute. (Double clicking the symbol)

The BOM, x-refing etc. seems to still work correctly.

The downside is that the tag returns to =KRAN3+FELT-11BG1 after a Component Edit or tag-update, so a lot of manual work has to be done.

Message 6 of 7
bpasqualini
in reply to: CAD-ICE

We want to have :

- Q1 when Installation and localisation code ares the same for the file and the component,

- Q1 when the component is in a local box with the same localisation code,

- =I1+C1-Q1 in the other cases.

That is the presentation with others Electrical Cads in Europe.

I think it is not possible withe ACE.

BR

Message 7 of 7
algerj

Well I can't think of a solution, but I can think of something to help speed up the text replace process.

You could use the find/edit/replace component Text command and replace all of the KRAN3+FELT instantances (or select the ones you want to replace as they are processed).

The find/edit/replace component text is hidden behind the "Retag Components" command in the Ribbon.

(Schematic > Edit Components > Retag Components ; Find/Edit/Replace Component Text ; Find/Replace Terminal Text)

I hope this helps,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost