AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LISP Routine for project wide settings edits

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
TomTom111
509 Views, 2 Replies

LISP Routine for project wide settings edits

Wasn't sure where to put this, but here it goes.

Does anyone know of a LISP routine that can edit the project properties of an electrical project?

What I am trying to change is the Library and icon menu paths, as we all use the same location for these files.

--Thanks in advanced

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: TomTom111

You can set the default library paths in the wd.env file.  Then when you activate a project and click properties, all you need to do is select the schematic library and click Default.  Do the same for the panel library.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
drathak
in reply to: dougmcalexander

@dougmcalexander wrote:

You can set the default library paths in the wd.env file.  Then when you activate a project and click properties, all you need to do is select the schematic library and click Default.  Do the same for the panel library.

Bringing up an old thread here, but...

While this is fairly easy and reasonably quick, we all want simpler and faster.  (And whenever possible, automated to the max.)

For our situation, I want to first check what libraries are being used.  Are they the ones specified in the company wd.env file?  If not, change them to the defaults.  I would also like to trigger this check as a start-up function for each drawing.  

The reason behind all of this is that we recently changed from an installtion that used network stored libraries to one that instead uses the standard local ACADE paths to make future upgrades simpler.  But now any project that was created before this change is looking in the wrong place for pretty much everything. And when the average user starts getting symbol not found messages, my phone starts to ring.

Any thoughts on where to start looking for these functions and values using LISP?

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost