AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linking solenoids and pneumatic valves

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
GELWIZ
841 Views, 9 Replies

linking solenoids and pneumatic valves

Hello all:

First time poster here. Glad to meet all of you.

Is there a way to link pneumatic valves with the electric solenoids that actuate them, similar to the parent/child relationship that coils and contacts have with each other? Anyone doing this right now? What have you all seen done with regard to this?

Thanks!
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
dougmcalexander
in reply to: GELWIZ

That is done via the peer-to-peer relationship feature. Go to Electrical Helps and click on Advanced Productivity. The solenoid and valve each have a WDTAGALT attribute. You can see this from the Insert/Edit Component dialog if you click Show/Edit Miscellaneous near bottom center. Set the WDTAGALT value of the solenoid to the tag assignment of the valve. Edit the valve and set it's WDTAGALT value to the assignment of the solenoid. That's it. They will be bi-directionally maintained and viewed as one component on the BOM. That is the short sweet answer. The help system goes into greater detail.

Screen shot attached.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Would the WDTAGALT attribute work for separate
items that come in a kit? We use a few items that come in kits with the
components mounted in various locations.

When they are put on the dwg, they have to have
different tags due to being in different locations. If they can be tied back to
the major component, it would clean up a lot of the BOM problems we
have.

Regards Brad

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
That
is done via the peer-to-peer relationship feature. Go to Electrical Helps and
click on Advanced Productivity. The solenoid and valve each have a WDTAGALT
attribute. You can see this from the Insert/Edit Component dialog if you click
Show/Edit Miscellaneous near bottom center. Set the WDTAGALT value of the
solenoid to the tag assignment of the valve. Edit the valve and set it's
WDTAGALT value to the assignment of the solenoid. That's it. They will be
bi-directionally maintained and viewed as one component on the BOM. That is
the short sweet answer. The help system goes into greater detail. Screen shot
attached.
Message 4 of 10
dougmcalexander

Brad the WDTAGALT can be used anytime you need two separate representations of the same device and each must have a different tag. The solenoid might be SOL1 but the valve might be FV1. You enter SOL1 into the valve's WDTAGALT attribute value and FV1 into the solenoid's WDTAGALT value and Acad/E sees the two as one component and even cross-references one to the other. I have not tried having more than two devices in this scenario. The WDTAGALT is actually intended to work from peer-to-peer or electrical to pneumatic for example.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 10

What if the valve (FV1) has two solenoid coils(A、B) ,how to set the peer-to peer relationship(SOL1→A,SOL1→B)
Message 6 of 10
lihouxin065
in reply to: lihouxin065

What if the valve (FV1) has two solenoid coils(A、B) ,how to set the peer-to peer relationship(SOL1→A,SOL2→B)
Message 7 of 10

Sorry, I don't know how to remove a misspelled post
Message 8 of 10
jmburge
in reply to: lihouxin065

I have the same issue: One pneumatic valve with two solenoids. Have you figured this out?

Message 9 of 10
alds02
in reply to: jmburge

One valve with two solenoids is tricky. I have never liked the valves from the pneumatic library that Autodesk supplied, so I redraw them. In this situation I don't keep the solenoid actuator as part of the valve symbol anymore. I'll let the software give the valve a tag. Then I made separate solenoid actuators (but the library does include them if they're satisfactory to you) and place them on the sides of the valve, and those are the ones I link back to the solenoids in the electrical schematics.

Message 10 of 10
rhesusminus
in reply to: alds02

How can this be an issue in the year 2023? It works perfectly in competing software...

rhesusminus_0-1702309883835.png

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost