AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking "Project Description" to the title block

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
martin.rule
619 Views, 2 Replies

Linking "Project Description" to the title block

Right clicking the project name in the Project Manager and then clicking Descriptions gives a set of boxes identified by line numbers. These link somehow to the attributes in the title block.

Where is this linking done? Every time I start a new project I have to put dummy data in the boxes to determine where in the title block the data will appear, or go back to a previous project.

Can the descriptions Line, Line2 .... etc be changed?

As you can probably guess I am fairly new to this electrical drawing package - I am using AE 2009

MR
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: martin.rule

Hi Martin.

Open your drawing template, and explode the title block.
Then use the pull-down menu Project -> Title block setup.
If you're only going to use this one titleblock, go for the WD_TB option.
Use the help-button for more help.
When done linking, recreate the titleblock using the block-command in AutoCAD. Remember to include the WD_TB attribute that has been added.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 3
sgsawdy
in reply to: martin.rule

We use two ascii text files, {project}.wdt and {project}_WDTITLE.wdl to make the links. We have two blocks that we have linked this way. One is strictly for project title pages and the other is the border. As we sometimes break down a project with sub sections we will have multiple lines linked to the attributes and when doing a titleblock update we select according to the sub section we want updated.

It is important to leave _WDTITLE as part of the file name for the .wdl file. Also, make sure you match your project name unless you are going to always use the default files.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction.

Scott

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost