AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lineweights Won't Update

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
Anonymous
45351 Views, 23 Replies

Lineweights Won't Update

Please explain how to change lineweights.

First attempts at a solution are listed below:

1. Change lineweight in the properties manager.

2. Change lineweight in the current layer.

The only way to change the lineweight is to set the desired lineweight and then insert a new wire/component. The lineweight cannot be edited once the component/wire has been inserted.

The "show lineweight" option is enabled.

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
drathak
in reply to: rhesusminus

@rhesusminus wrote:
You are doing what, and what happens?
How do you export the drawing? What do you export the drawing to?

I was thinking the same thing.

Jim hit the nail on the head above.  If an entity has it's line width property set to anything but "ByLayer" or "Default", it won't pick up changes made to the layer.

Double check the Lineweight dialog and make sure the default hasn't changed.  This is what mine looks like in a new drawing. I don't think anything has ever been changed in the acad.dwt template file this should have been created from.

LineweightDefaults.jpg  I will need to check the Display Lineweight box, but nothing else changes.

As can be seen in the next image, my general settings have Lineweight set to ByLayer, which is what I want.  That way I can control the weight of lines based on the layer they are on.

GeneralProperties.JPG

Everything works as expected.  Where problems come in is when you have a mixed bag of entities with lineweight properties set to specific weights.  Those won't change except by changing their individual properties.  And if you aren't real careful, you can get those defaults changed and really confuse yourself.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 22 of 24

Hey,

I am facing one problem in Line weight. I have block under block and I want to change the line weight of that inner block from 50mm to 30mm at one shot can we have that?

Thanks.

Response is awaited..!!

Message 23 of 24
Icemanau
in reply to: piyush.parihar24

Is this to be a permanent change to the block?

If so, open the DWG file for the block, edit the nested block to the correct line weight and then save the file.

Now use the Swap/Update tool to update the block in your dwg/project and you are done.

If it's to be a one off change however, you may need to explode one of the blocks. I would recommend editing the main block and then using the Special Explode tool on the nested block which would then let you change the line weight as required.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 24 of 24
Abominable.Snowman
in reply to: Anonymous

I think what you need is:

LWEIGHT  >  tick  > Display Lineweight  >  OK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost