AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Reference wire/component numbers wrong

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
nsmith
437 Views, 1 Reply

Line Reference wire/component numbers wrong

For some reason when I insert a component using line reference numbering, it uses the next reference line number. 

Example:

I have a single phase ladder with 25 rungs and reference lines start at 101.

I insert a coil on reference line 101 and it numbers the component as CR102. Then numbers the wire as 102.

What happpened?

How do I correct this? 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: nsmith

Not seeing your drawing, it is hard for me to say, but if you are more than halfway between line references, the tags and wire numbers use the next line reference number.

Another consideration is the Feature Scale Multiplier.  If you have it set to a very high number, it can cause all sorts of problems with referencing.  It should not be used for scaling between Metric and English units.  I suggest no value higher than 2 or less than 0.5.  Use it to double the size of symbols or to half them.  That is the best use of the FSM.  If you need Metric to English conversion, use the Modify Symbol Library utility.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost