AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line filter symbol

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
shades234
5695 Views, 1 Reply

line filter symbol

I'm looking for a symbol for a 3 phase line filter (harmonic filter, dv/dt filter, etc) that i can place on my 3 phase power wiring for motor control.  I don't see to see any.

any help? or do i just need to create my own?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: shades234

Autodesk supplies basic symbols from ANSI Y32.2, IEC-60617, etc. The IEC library will contain more symbols than the JIC or NFPA libraries, because there are many more symbols listed in IEC-60617.

You might prefer to create your own symbols.  However, you will find line reactors in the IEC menus and their related library folders.  You could copy one or more of those symbols, save to your preferred library folder, scale by 0.03937, edit the default value of the TAG1 attribute to meet your standard, and modify the graphics. Keep the symbol name the same between libraries, if possible, so a library swap is possible, should the need arise.  You can add the symbols to your menu using the Icon Menu Wizard.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost