AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
166 Views, 2 Replies

Lighting

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone knows if you can replicate the effects of a light in a room or building using any of the Autodesk products. Basically what i need to know is if you design a room/building and have included numerous light fittings, LED or bulb, if you have the specifications of the LED can you replicate, within the 3D model, the output of that lighting, shadows and all???? I am trying to highlight the difference between old school bulb lighting and new tech LED lighting, which when you see in real life is phenomenal!!! Please reply to this if you know the software that is capable of this.

Thanks for reading, Russell

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ccad2509
in reply to: 2060345

Message 3 of 3
jalger
in reply to: 2060345

Hi Russell,

You can do light analysis in a few products, 3D Studio Max will do it (its pretty complex but gives the best image), Revit (imports lighting files), showcase (simplified lighting but can show the difference light has on an object), you could do it in AutoCAD but its not really nice to look at.

Based on what your looking to do, I would suggest Revit.

If you have an IES (Light point analysis file) you could import it into Revit.

You could use a sample building or room and show the lighting effects.

(i.e. you can see how far the light travels, what shape,etc)

It would be the best option to do a fair comparison on the bulbs.

I hope this helps,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost