AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lib Symbol Missing 2013

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
steamer90638
1019 Views, 6 Replies

Lib Symbol Missing 2013

ACADE 2013, when adding a lib symbol to a drawing, the lib page comes up, but it is the ACADE 2006 lib section. Also the icons are not displayed correctly. I need the add symbol to point to the 2013 lib and icons to be fully displayed. And yes it is loading in the correct view mode, icon and text. I keep trying to point it to the correct spot, but alwasu goes back to the 2006 lib page.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Confirm which libraries and menus you have your Project Properties set to.  Just because you install a new version of AutoCAD Electrical, it doesn't change which libraries your projects are assigned to.  This is a nice feature. Each project can be assigned to a separate menu and library.  For those of us who work on both IEC an NFPA design projects, this is a convenience.  Competitors of AutoCAD Electrical have only a global library/menu setting.  You have to remember to switch the global setting to the appropriate library/menu for the project you are working on.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 7
steamer90638
in reply to: steamer90638

Doug, we are not even into the project section yet. We have used 2006 for along time and it worked fine, then 2010 and now 2013. If I just open a DWG template and try to add say a push button, the icons do not display like they should. The are just either missing with text, or it is just just a very tiny image. The lib folder keep going to the old 2006 lib ( programs (x86),  and not the 2013 lib folder in Public Doc.'s.I can manauly repoint it but it defaults back to the 2006 ACADE folder.

Message 4 of 7

Do you have the new library and menu path set in Project Properties?   It seems that your project is pointed to the old path.  The default path for these assignments can be set in the wd.env file in the AeData folder.  This makes it easy to switch older projects to the new library and menu path.  (See attached screen images) Click each category (Schematic Libraries, Schematic Icon Menu, Panel  Footprint Libraries, Panel Icon Menu) and click the Default button.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 5 of 7
steamer90638

I can get the mapping done, but it is the icons that is hanging me up. See attached jpg

Message 6 of 7
steamer90638

Message 7 of 7

First of all, I suggest using the NFPA library that started shipping with version 2013.  JIC is an out-of-date standard.  NFPA replaced it in the late 1970s. The icon images are served from dynamic link library (.DLL) files or slide libraries  (.SLB) that are located in the same folder as the MENUNAME.DAT files.  S1 and S2 contain images for the JIC library and NFPA.dll contains images for the NFPA library. Be sure that these files are in the same location as your menu.dat files. The default location for these files is: 

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2013\R19.0\enu\Support

The menu (.DAT) files can be moved to another location but you should also move the .DLL and/or .SLBfiles.

Doug McAlexander

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost