AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAYMRG Doesn't work

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
robner
536 Views, 4 Replies

LAYMRG Doesn't work

Does anyone know why my LAYMRG command doesn't work. I am able to activate the command, select a layer to merge, select a target layer and complete the command, but it doesn't actually merge the layers together. In fact, it seems to do nothing at all? Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong? I would really like to be able to use this command because it seems very useful to me.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
heinlema
in reply to: robner

Hello,

I was just searching around the web because I am having the exact same problem that you described, LAYMRG command seems to go through just fine although nothing actually happens. I am using AutoCAD 2013. Without this command it is going to be very difficult to accomplish what I am trying to do!!!

Hopefully someone can chime in with some useful information.

Thanks,

Matt

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
algerj
in reply to: heinlema

Hi Matt,

What are you trying to do?

LAYMRG is a regular AutoCAD Command... If it did work it would bugger up every layer it touches.

All of the layers are managed inside of AutoCAD Electrical.

(you can still create normal layers using the layer properties manager... but it wouldn't be a "wire")

The Parent Tag, Child Tag, Symbol, and other predefined layers are generated using the info from the Project.

(Project properties > Drawing format tab > Layers section, Press Define)

My assumption is that you are trying to change multiple wires to one layer, is this correct?

If so, you can use the "Change/Convert Wire Type" command.

This will allow you to change all wires that are connected to a branch at the same time.

(Example: COM Connections on the right side are all converted to a blu-wht wire layer, that are connected to the main COM branch) 

Since I'm assuming it is very likely my answer could be wrong for what you are trying to ask, so...

Please let us know what you were intending to use LAYMRG for... There might be an ACADE equivalent.

Regards,

James Alger

Message 4 of 5
heinlema
in reply to: robner

Thaks for the reply! I actualy got it to work... I didn't realize I was posting in the Electrical section, so it actually had nothing to do with wires.

I was working on large architectural drawings that had multiple buildings all imported to one file, so I was trying to merge similar layers from different buildings to clean it up.

To resolve the problem, I froze all layers, then thawed them all. Shouldn't have had to do this, but it did work... I found this suggestion in some other thread on this site. Definitely a bug no doubt...

Thanks again,

Matt

Message 5 of 5
algerj
in reply to: heinlema

Hi Matt,

Ah ok, in that case a normal "audit" probably would have fixed the issue.

Freezing and Thawing the layers would unload them all then reload them.

If there was an issue with a specific layer it would likely be corrected when it was reloaded.

In any case I'm glad you got it working.

Regards,

James Alger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost