AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Layering? floor plans and electrical schematics ,

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
969 Views, 3 Replies

Layering? floor plans and electrical schematics ,

I am going to be graduating next fall ,EE  and will not be required to take a CAD class. Of course the problem is that this software is / could be an integral part of my future career, and the more you know the better off ?Right?  So now I have this super cool software but I don't care about PLC or P&ID just yet I want to be able to drop a few lights or power circuits in an imagined floor plan. I have gone through the tutorials , but they don't give such an example. How , Where do I go about getting a few pretend floor plans I could use to play around with?

I really don't want to dwnld another 1.4 G program I.E. civil or whatever just for a few sheets.

ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated.

PLEASE no derogatory academic remarks šŸ™‚ .

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

You should look at Revit Architecture or plain AutoCAD.  Electrical is a program that runs atop AutoCAD to manage industrial automation systems design or for designing robotic control systems, such as those used in automotive assembly lines or theme park rides and shows.  It does contain symbols for duplex outlets and the like, but for schematic and wiring diagram development, not building architecture.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Thank you very much for the information and quick reply. 

I am going to install AutoCAD (plain) on my system and start from there.  

Again,

THANK YOU , for the quick reply and direction. 

Message 4 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

Electrical has a fully functional AutoCAD drafting engine built in.  You can change the workspace setting to show only AutoCAD menus.  But when you purchase your own software, I advise looking into something like Revit, which handles building design on a higher level than plain AutoCAD.  Contact your Autodesk dealer for a demonstration of Revit.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost