AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Nouman
Message 1 of 3 (100 Views)

Layer wise BOM report

100 Views, 2 Replies
05-10-2004 04:11 PM
Hi All,

I want to create BOM report such that it lists components based on layers. The problem is that some components ( like toggle switch) of our product are provided by customers. So i keep all those components on a separate layer and design everything. I want to generate a BOM (component) report such that it gives 2 separate reports based on these layers (i.e. components we will purchase and components customer will provide).

One way would be to assign catalogue items to one layer components and generate the report, then de-assign items and assign to other layer components and generate report. But this method is highly ineffective.

Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Nouman
Distinguished Contributor
MartinLee
Message 2 of 3 (100 Views)

Re: Layer wise BOM report

05-11-2004 04:39 AM in reply to: Nouman
You might consider using installation and location codes to filter the BOM reports. You could use one installation code to identify the items you supply and another code for those items to be supplied by the customer, then use the locatoin code for various areas on the machine where devices are located, or if they are located in the control panel.
Nouman
Message 3 of 3 (100 Views)

Re: Layer wise BOM report

05-12-2004 07:56 AM in reply to: Nouman
Thanx for your reply, i will look into this.

Regards,
Nouman
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.