AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer wise BOM report

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Nouman
246 Views, 2 Replies

Layer wise BOM report

Hi All,

I want to create BOM report such that it lists components based on layers. The problem is that some components ( like toggle switch) of our product are provided by customers. So i keep all those components on a separate layer and design everything. I want to generate a BOM (component) report such that it gives 2 separate reports based on these layers (i.e. components we will purchase and components customer will provide).

One way would be to assign catalogue items to one layer components and generate the report, then de-assign items and assign to other layer components and generate report. But this method is highly ineffective.

Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Nouman
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MartinLee
in reply to: Nouman

You might consider using installation and location codes to filter the BOM reports. You could use one installation code to identify the items you supply and another code for those items to be supplied by the customer, then use the locatoin code for various areas on the machine where devices are located, or if they are located in the control panel.
Message 3 of 3
Nouman
in reply to: Nouman

Thanx for your reply, i will look into this.

Regards,
Nouman

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost