AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer settings project wide...

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
CAD-ICE
597 Views, 4 Replies

Layer settings project wide...

Hi there,

I have a particular layer on all my drawings that I use as a help border for visualization purposes only when working in model space. I don't want this layer to appear when drawings are plotted so I have through layer properties checked the non plot function for the layer "Helpborder" as shown on the attached image. Is there a project wide utility to do this setting for all drawings in my project ?

Thank´s in advance.

Best regards, Gary

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Unzip the attached script file, and run the project wide utilities like this:

LayerScript.PNG

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 5
CAD-ICE
in reply to: rhesusminus

Dear Rhesusminus,

thank you for your valued answer on my question. This is just what I was looking for..!

Are you familiar of some litterature/books that cover this part of Autocad, that is running various project wide utilities?

Onsce again, thanks.

Regards, Gary

Message 4 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: CAD-ICE

I'm not familiar with any book that cover AutoCAD scripting, wich is basically the simplest form of automation in AutoCAD. If you've worked with AutoCAD for some time (Read: If you're old, like me), we used to type the commands back in the days. That makes it kinda easier to know how to script stuff like this.

A quick pointer would be, look at the command line when exectuing commands. Check the help file to see what command you have to type on the command, or hover the cursor over the button you want to execute, to see the command there.

You can't script a dialog. So most commands (Well, at least standard AutoCAD commands) have a "command line version". I't basically the same command, only with a dash in front of it (hence the -LAYER command in the script rom the previous post).

You can always TYPE a coordinate in AutoCAD rather than clicking the point (1.5,4.5 --- X=1.5 and Y=4.5)

So, trial and error is the best way to learn?

Finally... not everything can be scripted with "normal" AutoCAD (Electrical) commands. Luckily, you can type Autolisp commands directly on the command line, and you can -NETLOAD  .NET-add'ins , and also do a -VBARUN to run VBA-macros you've created.

That's the short answer 🙂

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 5
CAD-ICE
in reply to: rhesusminus

Dear Resusminus,

thank´s again for good and straightforward answers.

I have been working with Autocad Electrical since version 2010 so I don´t have much history in this field. Working with Autocad is a learning curve that looks like an exponential function...slow progress in the beginning but the curve get´s steeper every day. Again, thanks for taking time to help me out Smiley Happy

Regards, Gary

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost