AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAyer Colours

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
189 Views, 3 Replies

LAyer Colours

Hi

Just wanted to know if there is a way to change the colour of a layer project wide. I really do not want to go drawing by drawing.

Sean
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Sean.

I guess the easiest way would be to run a script with "Procejct-Wide Utilities". Check the "Run command script file"-checkbox and browse to a script that changes the layercolors. Then run it on all/selected drawings in the project.

The attached file is a short example that changes the color of the WIRES layer to RED. Rename the file to have a SCR extension instead of TXT.
Also check the extra linefeed/enter at the bottom of the script. It's needed to finish the -LAYER command.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hi

Thanks for the help the script work wounders. Is there somewhere I could get more sample scripts as I see this as been a very powerful tool.
Message 4 of 4
rhesusminus

Well, AcadE comes with a bunch of script that can be used.
A script file only consists of commands that can be written on AutoCAD's command line "manually". So.. the help-file will be a good starting point for creating your own scripts.

A little tip:
Many commands have both a dialog box and a command line version. If you put a dash (-) in front the command, you get the command line version, which is the one you'd like to use in a script.
For instance.. if you type LAYER on the command line, you get a dialog box. If you type -LAYER, you get the same options, but on the command line (and scriptable)

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost