AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

language versions

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
andrzej.barys
264 Views, 6 Replies

language versions

I'm from Europe Poland and waiting for Polish language version of A E. I'm thinking also about translation module to create documentation in two languages: Polish and English. Does anybody know something about strategy of Autodesk in this matter?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: andrzej.barys

Take a look at the wd_msg.mdb file in the support directory. Think you just add a column for the country then add the translated text in rows. "andrzej" wrote in message news:21517229.1088705886296.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I'm from Europe Poland and waiting for Polish language version of A E. I'm thinking also about translation module to create documentation in two languages: Polish and English. Does anybody know something about strategy of Autodesk in this matter?
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your reply. It's mean I have to add translation manually. I'm before decision of buying software for electrical design and compare AE with others like Eplan, Elcad or See Electrical popular in Europe. There is an automatic translation module to create documents in different language versions. But AE has better link with Inventor to create automatic wiring. What choose?
Message 4 of 7
taclauss

Does AutoCAD Electrical have an automatic language translator? I do not want to create the database myself. We are a Global company and our drawings are sent to practically every country. It would be very beneficial to quickly (automatically) covert all text from one language to another. I understand that the verbiage could be incorrect. Babel Fish (http://babelfish.altavista.com/) is a good example of an automatic language translator that can covert between many languages. It would be ideal to have this functionality built into AutoCAD Electrical.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hi,

AutoCAD Electrical has the capability to swap words and/or phrases into
different languages today but you do have to populate the database on what
words/phrases to swap with one another first.

I've captured your request and will submit it for consideration in a future
release.

I do have one question though. Would you want to swap out the contents of
the attributes permantly or would you rather have different languages stored
in two different attributes so you could turn one language on and the other
off but still have both stored within the same drawing?

Regards,
Scott

wrote in message news:5047070@discussion.autodesk.com...
Does AutoCAD Electrical have an automatic language translator? I do not
want to create the database myself. We are a Global company and our
drawings are sent to practically every country. It would be very
beneficial to quickly (automatically) covert all text from one language to
another. I understand that the verbiage could be incorrect. Babel Fish
(http://babelfish.altavista.com/) is a good example of an automatic language
translator that can covert between many languages. It would be ideal to
have this functionality built into AutoCAD Electrical.
Message 6 of 7

How do you predict every word or phrase that someone might use? This seems to be a monumental task. I am glad we have the language database in place and we can add/edit to fit our specific needs, but I don't see how the ACE developers could predict every English word or phrase that might be used, much less in all languages of the world.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 7 of 7
taclauss

Scott,

Thanks for your quick response! Being a US company we have always followed NFPA 79 and standardized on English. For the past 30 + years the complaints were disregarded. Now, with a focused on Globalization we have started to adopt IEC 60204. IEC 60204 Section 18.1 …… The information (drawings, manuals, HMI & etc) shall be in an agreed language. From the research I have done, many other Global companies are creating drawings in multiple languages. Typically, the component description, title bock and etc. are in three languages. The ability to swap symbols and language is essential for any Global company. Also, the ability to convert languages is showing up in HMI software packages

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost