AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

language conversion

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
391 Views, 3 Replies

language conversion

I have a set of e-plan drawings that I need to convert from German to English.  Is this possible if I pull them into a AutoCad Electrical project?  I would have thought if the eplan used attributes it would work, but so far it is not.  Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

EPlan runs on a proprietary database platform.  There is no direct conversion possible.  AutoCAD Electrical is the only software of its type that stores that component data in AutoCAD's native attribute format.  This is one of the advantages of AutoCAD Electrical.  Anyone with a .DWG reader can see the data by viewing the attribute values within the symbols. 

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Is there perhaps any third-party software, or company that could convert between the two?

We have some schematics drawn in Germany in E-Plan that need to be worked on over here in our US office, which does not have E-Plan.

Any thoughts?

Message 4 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

You can take a DXF file from EPlan and use the tools on the conversion menu tab within AutoCAD Electrical to convert the blocks in the DXF file to equivalent AutoCAD Electrical blocks.  The Block Replacement tool is an automated way to handle this, once you set up the mapping spreadsheet.  You can even convert the lines that represent wires to actual wires.  You can also convert  text entity to a wire number.  There are many options on the conversion menu tab for converting everything from dumb graphics or blocks from other software so they work within the AutoCAD Electrical editing environment.  You can save them as DWG files or DXF them out again.  This is one of the subjects we cover in my advanced training course.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost