AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ladder %S%N format

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
TRLitsey
342 Views, 2 Replies

Ladder %S%N format

Hi there,

I am building a schematic from pieces of other similar schematics.  The format of the ladder sheet and line references are slightly different.  Some have %S%N and others have %S-%N.  I have set the Project properties the way I want, copied the Project properties format to each sheet but the reference fomat does not change.  I look at the Modify Line Refernce Number dialog box and the Wire Number Format is what I want but the only way I have found to get the format to change is to erase the original reference and re-insert them.  Checking the Redo box in the Modify Line Reference Numbers will change the number scheme but does not change the %S%N format.  When I re-insert they do the automatic insert with the format I want.  Kind of a slow way to do this.  Am I missing something or is there a better way to do this? 

Any advise is appreciated,

Thank you

Tim

Please mark as a solution if this works for you, kudos are always welcome
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: TRLitsey

Have you tried the command to revise the ladder.

It should be in the Wires tab under the Ladder group.

Just click and hold on the Ladder command and the additional commands show up after a second or two.

The actual commands available are...

Insert Ladder

Revise Ladder

Renumber Ladder Reference

Convert Ladder

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
TRLitsey
in reply to: Icemanau

Thank you for the reply.  the Wires>Ladder takes me to the same Modify Line Reference Numbers window.  That is where I thought it should work but it does not.  It will change the Rung Count, Ref Start, etc. but it will not change the Wire Number Format.  At least not any way I have tried yet.

But thank you again for the reply, have a great day.

Please mark as a solution if this works for you, kudos are always welcome

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost