AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ladder number report?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Pertech-LLC
218 Views, 2 Replies

Ladder number report?

Is there an option to report the ladder numbers used in drawings for a project.

Example:

Drawing 1  uses ladder numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

Drawing 2  uses ladder numbers 11, 12, 13, 14, etc.

We're trying to create a database for those looking for a particular line number (never duplicated line numbers in this system) to find a drawing that number is associated with.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
testsubject
in reply to: Pertech-LLC

I think for many of this tthis is not an issue. We use the Sheet number (which for me is the filename) as part of the line rung number.

Therefore, line 1204 is on sheet 12. No database required.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 3
Pertech-LLC
in reply to: testsubject

This is for a system that is already in place. There are no duplicate line numbers in the entire plant. (All line numbers are unique to the Process Controllers) the problem with the system is that there is no direct correlation between the line number and the drawing number.

The database is actually for locating device tags within the drawing, but if I can extract the line numbers, I can add that as a search option in the query.

I am growing more confident that a standard report is not going to net me this information, so I'll rephrase the question.

Does anyone know of ANY way I can get a list of the line numbers used in a project? Possibly even something behind the scenes that I can cut & paste from. (Project database maybe? I'm not entirely sure how to even see the project database.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost