AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping My coordinates

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
208 Views, 1 Reply

Keeping My coordinates

Here is what is happening to me.  I open a new file.  I xref in some files, like a background and draw.  I save.  I draw.  I save.  At some point I want to xref in something else.  I do and it enters the screen way off the mark.  I know when it is going to happen.  On the "attach external reference" screen if the insertion point by default is 0,0,0, I know it will work just fine.  But sometimes the z coord is some crazy number like 756.45.  Even if I change it to 0, it still will not work.

My work around has been to select everything I drew, copy it, open a new file, paste it at 0,0,0 than xref in what i want and it seems to work.  But this problem keeps happening to me more and more and its really starting to affect my productivity.

Why is the program changing my coordinates?  Garanteed this will happen if the file crashes, but it will still happen requardless.

If I open a new file and xref in all other files eventhing will line up but mine.  I need my file to work like the others because other trades are xrefing in my files for coordination.  If my stuff doesn't line up, I'm wasting everyones time.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ccad2509
in reply to: Anonymous

if the xref file has objects that are not on 0 in the x axis which sounds like what you have and for some reason affects the xref

you can try the autocad command flattern which will create a 2d view of everthing down to 0 on the x axis

another command is flatshot which has a simalar effect

and overkill which removes lines under lines

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost