AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining Wires

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
dbrblg
1602 Views, 9 Replies

Joining Wires

Hi,

How do you join crossing wires? I have two crossing wires and added Wire Tee Marker at the intersection and it looked as if it has done the job but...when you insert wire numbers the two wires get two different numbers!!

Have I done the wrong thing? I am using ACADE 2K8

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
s.wile
in reply to: dbrblg

Any chance you could post a zipped dwg of the problem?

Stan
Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Don't know is this the best way to join crossing wires...

See attachment.

Regards
Message 4 of 10
dbrblg

Attached is an example of the problem

Thanks
Message 5 of 10
dbrblg

Attached is an example of the problem

Thanks
Message 6 of 10
s.wile

Oh I see what you’re talking about.
If you set the crossing wires to Wire Jumps it makes more sense. When you add the connecting dot the wire jump is still there.

Your putting too much work into the wire breaks with the extra wires, trim, stretch.
Try using Break off the Modify drop down.
Start the command, select the wire to break and then click right on the intersection. After that add your connecting dot and it should only give it one wire number.

Stan
Stan Wile
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

That's true, using Break command you could join crossing wires much faster...

Regards
Message 8 of 10
dbrblg

Thanks guys...

Although not the easiest way to join wires, at least it is a solution. Would be nice is ACADE did this automatically when a tee marker is inserted.

Thanks

Message 9 of 10
s.wile

I agree this should be looked into
Maybe a new tool added to the Insert Wire Misc tools.

Stan
Stan Wile
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 10 of 10
dougmcalexander

You are actually creating a plus wire connection not a tee. Your drawing properties are set to allow wires to cross without creating a connection. If you ran the vertical wire first then run the horizontal, when the horizontal wire reached the vertical left-click your mouse ot instruct Acad/E to create a connection. Your drawing properties are set to insert a node dot for a tee connection so Acad/E now realizes you want a common node from the two wires. Click the mouse again to continue and you now have a plus connection. See the attached screen shot with explanation. I understand that you wish to come along after running the wires and add a node dot, thus overriding your page default or drawing properties setting, but Acad/E will have previously marked the intersection as a "non-wire" connection thus preventing a short.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost