AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Numbers

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
AcadE2014
1576 Views, 7 Replies

Item Numbers

Hello All,

I am trying to find a way to delete ALL item numbers in a project.

We take base machine drawing pacakages and modify them for each job that has options added.

I know I can resequence them but they never seem to group together as I want. I have no fixed item numbers and I resequence ALL item numbers without the results I want.

What I am looking for is the item numbers to be as follows: the first page with item numbers starting at 1 through say 15 then the next page 15 through say 25. but when I manually delete all item numbers (very long process) it seems to group the numbers as I want.

I will get most of the item numbers as hoped for but there is always 1 or 2 that come up way out of sequence. I will get 1 - 13 on the first page with a 57 and 86.

Anyone know of a way to blank all item numbers???

Thanks

Dennis

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jalger
in reply to: AcadE2014

Hi Dennis,

I'm not sure if the item resequencer add-on in Autodesk Labs would work for you but check it out.

https://beta.autodesk.com/callout/?callid=631D59799BAD4A7C851516921DD3B600

If its not in there maybe make a suggestion for them to add that functionality.

They do seem to have tools that make it easier for sorting.

I hope this helps,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 3 of 8
ccad2509

don't know if this will help

but a previous project i worked on was something similar a base machine with multiple options what we did their was have the options as pages set as reference pages example

page 100 may be a PLC input card but depending on the machine variant it may have up to 10 different options so page 100 had 10 pages marked 100 with 9 turned off and the first option switched on

we then copied the base project deleted the various unwanted options and then activate the various option pages as required

that way if a new option was required we just copied a page did the mod and set it as a references page in the master

this may work in you numbering scheme or not as the case maybe

Message 4 of 8
PatMurnen_Adsk

Dennis,

one way to blank all item numbers is to use the Export to Spreadsheet, erase all the item numbers, then Import from Spreadsheet. Make sure when you export you pick the General option so you get tables in the spreadsheet for components, terminals, panel footprints, i.e. anything that might get an item number. Then look at each table for any that have an ITEM column.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 8
AcadE2014
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Pat,

That will work!!

Thanks for the help.

FYI need to delete P_ITEM columns also

I there a way to introduce this issue to Autodesk and see if this can be an added feature (blanking of ALL item numbers)??

Thanks again

Dennis

Message 6 of 8
PatMurnen_Adsk

Dennis,

you are right, need to get the P_ITEM values as well. Good catch!

And I am glad you asked about a way to suggest to Autodesk to add this feature. Go to the new IdeaStation and log your idea. And while you are in there feel free to look at other ideas, and if you see any you like, click the Kudos button for it. 

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 8

I just want to point out that you should use caution when doing this.

I just discovered that if you are using multi-level terminals with unique numbers per level, this action will renumber each level of the terminal with the value of the first level. I had been using this in just the same manner that you have but was inadvertently renumbering the terminals and then scratching my head weeks later when the shop was commenting on how the terminals were all the same value.

FYI,

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 8 of 8

Bob,

I am able to reproduce what you describe. The issue is with the Panel Terminals since they represent all levels. The Import from Spreadsheet is not handling the levels as expected. I will get this logged right away.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost