AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Peer Coil Pins & Pin List data

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1305 Views, 3 Replies

Issues with Peer Coil Pins & Pin List data

Hey Ya’ll;

I have run across an oddity... for this one, thus far at least, I’ve been unable to find a fix, and I have puzzled over this one for a couple hours by now so I open it up to my fellow AutoCAD Electrical travellers for help.  I have been trying to create a forward / reverse contactor arrangement in my drawing following the instructions to a “T”.  But the main contactor does not load the peer coil pin or pin list data.  I’ve even gone to the point of adding those as attributes to the block with no luck other than bad.  I have to do it manually to make it happen.  I have included one of the contactor blocks as well as the specific pin list data below.  Any suggestions would be appreciated, I am using AutoCAD Elect. 2010 and this is the first time I have had this issue which art of the reason I am confused.

RECNUM    MANUFACTURER            CATALOG                    ASSEMBLYCODE           COILPINS                                                      PINLIST

91            ALLEN BRADLEY             104-C09*22                                *                                 A1,A2                                1,L1,T1;1,L2,T2;1,L3,T3;1,13,14;2,21,22

PEER_COILPINS                                              PEER_PINLIST

A1,A2                                1,L1,T1;1,L2,T2;1,L3,T3;1,13,14;2,21,22

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I think you need to create a second coil sybol which is a child to the sysmbol you attached.

The one you attached is a parent (TAG1) the child will have TAG2 in it's place this should then pick up the peer coil and pin data.

Regards

David

Message 3 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: Anonymous

This is from the 2008 ACADE Electrical help file

The PEER_ fields in the Pin List database specify pin list assignments for a single part number with two parent devices. You set up the second coil's coil pins and pin list data in the PEER_COILPINS and PEER_PINLIST fields for the common part number. This is commonly used for setting up forward and reversing starters or latching and unlatching relays. You apply the pins to the forward (latching) relay, and then apply the peer pins to the reversing (unlatching) relay.

To split the pin list data between two peer coil symbols:

1. Insert the first coil symbol and make the catalog look-up selection.

The COILPINS and PINLIST data is found and applied to the coil symbol. Any defined peer coil and pinlist data is also saved on the symbol as invisible xdata.

2. Insert the second coil symbol but do not make a catalog assignment.
  3. In the Insert/Edit Component dialog box, click NO/NC Setup.
  4. Click Pick.
  5. Select the first coil symbol.

The saved peer pinlist data is moved from the first symbol over to this peer symbol. Child contacts can now be auto-annotated with the selected coil's available pin list information and max NO/NC count tracked on a per-coil basis.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Icemanau

Thanks Brad;

My apologies for not replying sooner... have been swamped with work.  On the surface I don’t know what to tell you; everything that you indicated in your post I am aware of and, to the best of my knowledge, do.  This is why I was so puzzled as this wasn’t the first time I have utilized this function to generate a reversing starter arrangement in my drawings.  I can only assume that in my haste to get things done, on that particular day, I was overlooking a step, or two, and as a result my problem ensued????  Not sure, but everything works now, with no hardware or pin list changes so take it and run I guess.

Thanks again, I guess even those of us who’ve used Acad Elect. for a number of years need a reminder from time to time.

Doug

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost