AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with starting a new project as opposed to copying an existing project.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BFarley70
269 Views, 2 Replies

Issue with starting a new project as opposed to copying an existing project.

I hope I can explain this so as to be understandable. Where I work, we use a set of standard drawings (cover sheet, drawing index, abbreviation list and a generic ladder drawing) for all of our projects. When we start a new project, we need these four drawings to be in the project folder in the project manager. The issue I'm having, and for the life of me can't figure out, is when I create a new project and I copy the settings from out standards .wdp file, none of those drawings show up. But, if I copy a project through the toolbar dropdown and select our standards .wdp file, those four drawings get copied over along with the .wda, .wdt and .wdl files. Am I missing a step somewhere when I'm trying to create a new project through the project manager?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: BFarley70

Using the 'Create A NEW Project' assumes that you are not copying any of the data/dwg files that are already set up. You would need to create or copy/rename those files manually.

The COPY Project command assumes that you wish to copy all those data/dwg files and then allows you to select what ones you actually do want to copy.

If you need those files in each project, stick with the copy project command rather than the new project one. This means that all the files will be copied and renamed automatically rather than you having to do it manually.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
BFarley70
in reply to: Icemanau

That makes perfect sense. Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost