AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with parent child Relatioship

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
196 Views, 1 Reply

Issue with parent child Relatioship

When we have 2 or more like parent devices such as a control relay coil that are named the same thing but have different locations being fired from PLC Outputs in a seperate Panel and then do a component cross reference update all the relays think they are related. Example: PLC Outputs (Rack in MCP1) firing coils to 3 relays called CR1 (each living in a seperate panel lets say CS1, CS2, and CS3 are the panel names)...(in this scenario, we are simply providing an outputs to turn on devices controlled by others...interlocks in other words) when we do a component cross ref update the three relays (all named the same but have different LOC values) think they are related...one of the 3 gets a cross ref that points to the other two... Shouldn't the fact that 3 parent devices (in this case HCR1) that live in different panels not reference each other? If I am doing something just totally off the wall here please tell me what it is. Basically in any OEM equipment that is out there, the device names are typically the same and if you are controlling many of them there would be times that the only differentiation would be its LOC attribute value. I also posted this on the Beta Feedback page...sice this issue affects both versions
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Wayne, This is a situation where you probably should turn on AcadE's "Combined Installation/Locatioin and component Tag mode (IEC-style)" option for your project. AcadE will include the INST and LOC values you assign (or the drawing config's default "IEC setup" LOC/INST values) in determining unique parent tag names. Sor, if you have a relay CR1 in location "PNL1" and another relay CR1 in "PNL2", they're treated correctly as individual devices and all of the child cross-referencing is kept separate. You turn this mode on via the Project > Misc Settings dialog (first toggle) and it's done on a per-project basis. Let me know if it appears that I'm not understanding the question or issue here. thanks! Nate. "Wayne Gatlin" wrote in message news:40915a5e$1_1@newsprd01... > When we have 2 or more like parent devices such as a control relay coil that > are named the same thing but have different locations being fired from PLC > Outputs in a seperate Panel and then do a component cross reference update > all the relays think they are related. > > Example: > PLC Outputs (Rack in MCP1) firing coils to 3 relays called CR1 (each living > in a seperate panel lets say CS1, CS2, and CS3 are the panel names)...(in > this scenario, we are simply providing an outputs to turn on devices > controlled by others...interlocks in other words) when we do a component > cross ref update the three relays (all named the same but have different LOC > values) think they are related...one of the 3 gets a cross ref that points > to the other two... > > Shouldn't the fact that 3 parent devices (in this case HCR1) that live in > different panels not reference each other? If I am doing something just > totally off the wall here please tell me what it is. Basically in any OEM > equipment that is out there, the device names are typically the same and if > you are controlling many of them there would be times that the only > differentiation would be its LOC attribute value. > > I also posted this on the Beta Feedback page...sice this issue affects both > versions > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost