AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue that came up with using WIPEOUT command....

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
415 Views, 4 Replies

issue that came up with using WIPEOUT command....

So, I created my panel layout symbols, and added a WIPEOUT, with it being 'behind' the object.  My problem is, for some reason, when I bring in the symbol, it works all great for a while, and then, in explicably, it STOPS working.  Meaning, the wipeout is no longer doign its job.  I've been trying to replicate it, and I CAN, i just can't determine WHEN it happens.  And nothing I do, short of rebuilding the symbol with the wipeout again, seems to fix it.

Its nto a critical function, merely cosmetic.  It IS however annoying, as I know it works, it just keeps dumping on me.

Anyone else have this, or a similar, issue?

Thanks again

Doug

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

I see it all the time, randomly.  Editing the block and putting the wipeout BACK under the entities, will fix it for a while.  But you shouldn't have to keep doing that if that's how the block was designed.  I don't see this in regular Autocad, only in Electrical... and primarily with blocks brought in through the Icon menu and catalog.  Placing a block the old fashioned way it usually works fine (usually).

I just usually assume I'm not using it right, and I end up exploding my din rail and trimming it out.  Can't mess around with wipeouts all day when I have a panel layout to get out.

Message 3 of 5
ronbotkin

Have you tried using Tools\Draw Order and moving the symbol back to the top?  Sometimes I have to use the Bring Above Objects or Send Under Objects to get the symbols to display correctly.

Ron

Message 4 of 5
dougmcalexander

No need to explode the blocks.  Just type regen and press enter.  If that doesn't work go to Home>Modify and use the Send to Back or Bring to Front utility.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: dougmcalexander

LIke a dolt, I didn't consider lookign for draft order under the menu ribbon.  I was used to the rt-click/draft order, and in ACADE it isn't a rt clicking option.

So, having been successfully pointed in the correct direction, all things works swimmingly.  Thank you for the nudge guys.

Doug

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost