AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue plotting project to pdf

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
3070 Views, 10 Replies

Issue plotting project to pdf

I've just starting using AutoCAD E a couple weeks ago and I am still trying to figure some things out. I searched for a while to resolve the issue I'm having but from what I have found nothing seems to answer it. What I want to do is plot my entire project to a single PDF file. so regardless if I have 2 drawings or 2000 drawings I want them to be on a single PDF file. Here are the steps I am taking to plot my project:

1. open project manager

2. right click on active project name

3. go to Publish > Plot Project

4. click "Do All" > OK

5. This is where I am lost. I have selected the .pc3 file that is a part of autocad e. it is named "DWG To PDF.pc3"

I don't need to run any scripts (that I'm aware of) so I leave those blank.

My "Layout tab to plot" text box and the "pick list (from active drawing)" I have left at the default values.

I have left "detailed plot configuration mode" OFF, and do not see any options in that dialog box to resolve my issue.

my "optional page setup name" and "pick list(from active drawing) I have left at the default values.

I have selected "plot file to" and gave it the address for the folder I want my PDF's in. no issues there.

I have looked through the settings of the pc3 file I am using and I did not see anything that would seem like it controls if the dwg files are plotted to one PDF file or multiple PDF files.

Not sure where to look to resolve this issue, but I need my set of schematics (dwg files) to be PDF'd to a single PDF file. I can not have multiple PDF files it is too unefficient. Any help will be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Have a look at ACROPLOT by Cadzation.

It is the best PDF plotter for cad far easier than screwing around with the acad plot function
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

1.jpg

Then Select all or files you need to plot.

2.jpg

Select Model or Layout.

33.jpg

Select PDF and click on Publish Options.

4.jpg

So you could select multi- or single-sheet file.

Message 4 of 11
testsubject

Nata_ly's suggestion is spot on. That is what I was going to suggest...

Be sure to uncheck "Run Publish in Background". There is a known bug with this that locks the program.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Thank you Nata_ly! I just did this quick and it is exactly what I was hoping to do.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

We have been doing it this ways since Acade 2012
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

I want to plot my PDF's monochrome plot style.  How do i modify the PDF "Publish to"?

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I want to plot my PDF's monochrome plot style.  How do i modify the PDF "Publish to"?

If y
If you click on File, then Plot Manager. This will allow you to modify the PC3 files for plotting.  Unfortunately you can't change the DWG to PDF file to 2 color monochrome.  Or, I should say I have not been successful doing so.  However you can change the DWF one to monochrome. 
Message 9 of 11
Icemanau

Set a dwg up with all the print settings you require using the Page Setup Manager (look in the file drop down menu or ribbon tab for it).

When you get to the part for selecting the output as a PDF, you will see the list of files that are going to be printed.

Under the Page Setup heading, you will notice a button saying <default:None>. Click that and select import, navigate to the file you have set the print settings for, and select that file. ACAD will now import the print settings from that file and use them for the file you just selected.

You will have to do the same for all the other files, so that they all use the same settings.

To avoid this in the future, edit your template dwg and set up the print settings in that for your most common print device. Now when you start a dwg, you should have the print settings already set,

For existing projects, you will have to open all the files, change the settings and then close the file. The only quick way to do this I have found, is to open the first file, click print, set up all the options, apply them to the layout then print that first file. Move to the next, click print, up the top of the print dialog, select the Previous Plot for the page setup dialog, apply it o the layout, then cancel the print and move to the next dwg. When you get to the last file, just save instead.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 11
testsubject
in reply to: Icemanau

I automated this process using a script file and -psetupin.

psetupin allows you to use an existing drawing to establish the plot setup in the current drawing.

This is my script for this. Run it using Project/Utilities on the project. You could create a phony project with all the drawings you want to change.

-psetupin
"G:\Electrical Design\ACE\Support\Scripts\14511-001.dwg"
"Title_B"
-plot
n

Title_B

n
y
n

In my example, the .dwg is the drawing I am using as the template and Title_B is the saved page setup in that drawing.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 11 of 11
rrowe24N24

this helped me a lot

thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost