Contributor
JeffAcadE
Message 1 of 3 (224 Views)
Accepted Solution

Invisible terminals

224 Views, 2 Replies
02-27-2014 03:18 AM

Hi,

I having problems with placing terminals by using the terminal footprint editor on the Panel tab.
All goes well untill I actually place the terminal. Only the outline becomes visible, but the inner lines are invisible unless I select it. See attachment.

All layers are on, and I can't find a setting which I need to change or something. 

Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

Thanks in advance

Seems like the block contains a wipeout object. Open one of the terminals in the block editor and use the DRAWORDER-command to move the wipeout behind the other geometry in the terminal footprint. When you exit the block editor, and select yes to save changes, all terminals of this type should be fixed. Of course, this should also be done in the footprints original DWG-file...
*Expert Elite*
rhesusminus
Message 2 of 3 (217 Views)

Re: Invisible terminals

02-27-2014 03:48 AM in reply to: JeffAcadE
Seems like the block contains a wipeout object. Open one of the terminals in the block editor and use the DRAWORDER-command to move the wipeout behind the other geometry in the terminal footprint. When you exit the block editor, and select yes to save changes, all terminals of this type should be fixed. Of course, this should also be done in the footprints original DWG-file...

Trond Hasse Lie

ECAD Consultant, CtrlAltEl

Please select "Accept As Solution" if this post answers your question. Kudos don't hurt either. ;-)
Contributor
JeffAcadE
Message 3 of 3 (206 Views)

Re: Invisible terminals

02-27-2014 04:33 AM in reply to: rhesusminus
Thank you,
Never knew this, but I didn't enter the block editor, I just selected all, and by right clicking slecter the draworder -> bring to front. The block itself is okay, I don't have this problem when I place these blocks seperately, only when using terminal editor.
But it is solved :smileyhappy: so Thank you
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.