AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intelligent DWF

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
667 Views, 6 Replies

Intelligent DWF

Is there a way to publish DWFs that are intelligent with respect to wiring between drawings. For example, would it be possible to click wire ending from one drawing and have that be hyperlinked to where the wire is going within the next drawing? The reason I am asking this, is because ePlan has this option in PDF format. If this is not an option now, it may be a good idea to put this on the list of things to work out for the next release.

Any information is appreciated, Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
aRGee
in reply to: Anonymous

Late reply,

But this would be a very nice option. We use a lot of signal-references in our schematics and this would make it much easier to follow signals through the project. And in addition it could also be used to jump between parent and child components.

In our case i'd rather see this functionality in pdf in stead of dwf, because that's what we use at the moment.

Regards,
Robert
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Well, it would be nice if you had the choice of DWF or PDF. I hope someone from Autodesk is seeing this and realizing that it would be helpful to be able to publish to PDF or DWF with this possibility.
Message 4 of 7
CAD-ICE

Our customers are asking for this function/feature with a growing demand as they have seen this offered from other vendors like eplan. I have also heard that Cadett Elsa is introducing this feature in their newest version. I hope that someone at Autodesk responds to this....

Regards, Gary

Message 5 of 7
drathak
in reply to: CAD-ICE

I was just asked if we could provide this and other features in DWF or PDF.  I'm guessing this is another item languishing on the wish list?

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 6 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: drathak

I'm not sure this request is even possible with either of those formats, as they are primarily images of you CAD files, not CAD files themselves.  Might be that if someone else needs to look at your designs with this functionality built in, they may need to see the CAD files themselves?

Is there any other software that can do something like this request?

Message 7 of 7
CAD-ICE
in reply to: cbenner

As mentioned in my post, Eplan already offers this functionality and Cadett Elsa is planning to introduce this in the next version. I´m pretty sure that Cadett Else uses autocad as the drawing machine in their package.

Thx, Gary  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost