AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Autocad Electrical. Manufacturer content??

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Morten.Hjelle
6610 Views, 9 Replies

Installing Autocad Electrical. Manufacturer content??

Hey. I am installing Autocad Electrical. I am now asked to choose "Manufacturer content". There is lots of different manufacturer, but witch one to choose. Got a Dell laptop
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
gcarego
in reply to: Morten.Hjelle

You should install only the manufacturer library that you most often use. To start with install any one manufacturer. you can always add more manufacturer as and when you need.
Message 3 of 10
vu.do.mylangroup
in reply to: gcarego

i installed all manufacturer content that Autocad Electrical 2011 installer provide. But i want to install more, how can i do it?

Message 4 of 10

The intent for the list of manufacturers is for you to ONLY select the ones you actually use.  This improves the seek-time for a part number Lookup.  If your favorite manufacturer is not listed, you can add them via the Lookup dialog, or if you are MS Access savvy, you can import the data into the database from a spreadsheet.

If you are unsure which manufacturers you may need for the future, install all and follow the instructions on the tips and tricks page at www.ecadconsultant.com for creating a preferred vendor parts catalog.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 10

If i need another manufacturer, not in the list of autocad electrical  when install, how can i find it, and add it to the database?

Message 6 of 10

If you installed all manufacturers from the installation list and the one you need is not in the list, you can add them.  Click to edit a component of the type you wish to add a new vendor for.  Click Lookup.  This will open the proper table with the appropriate fields.  Click the Add Catalog Item icon at the upper left of the AcadE 2011 Lookup dialog.  Enter the new manufacturer's name, enter the catalog number, the types, ratings, etc., according to the kind of component it is.  This is the best way to add new parts while you are designing a project.  If you have some spare time and want to add a large list of parts from a new manufacturer, I suggest importing from a spreadsheet, as I explained in my previous post.  Just use MS Access to edit the catalog database and import from a spreadsheet.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 7 of 10

Thank you very much, Doug

Message 8 of 10

How do i install the manufacturers components after i have completely installed the AutoCAD electrical Software? I selected only 4 at the time of initial installation and now i requrie more manufacturers. How to go about it?

Thanks

Message 9 of 10
dougmcalexander
in reply to: sherry157

Go to Control Panel and click to Add/Remove Programs.  Select AutoCAD Electrical and click Change/Remove.  Insert the AutoCAD Electrical installation DVD.  Go through the product configuration again and select the manufacturers you need to add.  I suggest selecting all, even though it says not recommended.  Then go to my web site at www.ecadconsultant.com and click Tips/Tricks.  Under the How To's category click:

This instructional tip teaches how to set up a primary and secondary catalog database, one with your preferred vendors (smaller and quicker to navigate) and one with all vendors.

Doug McAlexander

Message 10 of 10

Greeatings .

I install all manufacturer but I have problem in autocad I dont see all of it.

Can you help me where is problem how can i finde my manufacture 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost