AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation/location tag mode

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
CAD-ICE
501 Views, 4 Replies

Installation/location tag mode

Hi there,

I´m designing an MCC cabinet in a socalled modular design or what we call Form-4 design.

I have chosen to use the the following code for the cabinet: INST=400 and LOC=+P100 such that the cabinet is coded =400+P100.

I have started to design the cabinet using the single line tool to start with and all is working fine.

I would like to split the cabinet into sections such that the cabinet contains approx 10 sections thus =400+P100.1, =400+P100.2 etc...

I´m using the combined istallation/location tag mode, but I´m wondering if I can tell ACADE to only consider a part of the location code such that all components coded =400+P100.1,2,3 etc. are tagged as being located in the same cabinet. 

The reason I´m asking for this is because I have in my project other cabinets, i.e. the main MCC (=400+P100) and a various other distribution cabinets with a different Installation/location code. So in order to have a simple tagging mode I would like to take advantage of the Combined Installation/Location tag mode but this results that I have multiple components in my main MCC with the same tag which I dont want.

So guy´s, can I somehow trick ACADE to obtain this??

Thank´s again.

Gary

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Icemanau
in reply to: CAD-ICE

I usually use the Install location as part of the title block description, Panel number as the INST and Location within the panel as the LOC.

My company can do this as in each seperate job, all our panels go into the one location. This in effect, gives me 3 ways to differentiate between locations.

For example, the title block will have "Sunnybank Substation" as the first line, the INST will read P1 and the location will read GPB/GPL/GPR/DR depending on what is required.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 3 of 5
CAD-ICE
in reply to: Icemanau

Hello Brad and thank´s for commenting on my thread.

I appreciate your answer but in this case I´m using the INST and LOC attributes such that the INST is the system code and the LOC is the location code.

As mentioned in my thread, I have the main distribution panel MCC =400+P100. In this case the MCC is part of system 400 and the name (loc) of this panel is +P100. The MCC panel is then divided into sub sections which I would prefer to call +P100.1 (first section), +P100.2 (second section) etc...

I would like to set ACADE to use the combined installation/location but in such a way that ACADE does not differentiate between +P100, +P100.1, +P100.5 as long as the components have the same installation code (system code). I hope I have managed to explain my problem. 

Any comments appreciated.

Regards, Gary 

Message 4 of 5
drathak
in reply to: CAD-ICE

This may be far too obvious an answer that you have already considered it, but what about using the SECTION and SUBSECTION attributes?

We are using those for something else, but I can see it as a solution to your problem as well. Although those fields may already be in use.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 5 of 5
CAD-ICE
in reply to: drathak

Hi Joe,

thank´s for pointing out using the section and subsection attributes which I had already concidered.

What I´m trying to achieve is to maintain the possibility to use the report tool such that I can get a BOM or a cable list for each individual section but still maintaining a combined installation/location tag mode for the cabinet as a whole and not divided into subsections.

Thank´s again for trying to help me out.

Regards, Gary

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost