AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insertion of Components

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jrokey
220 Views, 5 Replies

Insertion of Components

I am needing to go back and modify an existing drawing (erase and add components), however, when I try to insert the new component my screen goes blank and it will not let me insert it. Could someone please provide some direction with this.

Thanks,

Jason
Message was edited by: jrokey
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jrokey

Jason, When your screen goes blank, is it your complete screen, or just your AutoCAD window that goes blank? Is there still an active command at the AutoCAD command line? Does AutoCADe seem to be locked up? If it seemed locked up, can you hit the Esc key? Do you get the same results for any drawing you try to edit, or is it just one drawing? Steve AutoCAD Electrical QA Autodesk "jrokey" wrote in message news:25358414.1093027834543.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I needing to go back and modify an existing drawing (erase and add components), however, when I try to insert the new component my screen goes blank and it will not let me insert it. Could someone please provide some direction with this. > > Thanks, > > Jason
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Steve,
Thanks for the reply, below are the answers to your questions.

1. Just my AutoCAD window goes blank.
2. There is still active command at the command line.
3. AutoCAD seems to lock up.
4. I can hit the escape key and then use my back arrows to return to the drawing.
5. It seems that it happens to all of the larger drawings that I try to edit.

Thanks,
Jason
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Jason, So this happens when you select the 'Insert Component' command? - When you say 'Back arrow' are you refering to the AutoCAD Electrcal 'Pervious' and 'Next' toolbar options? Here is something that you can try that will return some additional information that might he me track down the cause. -Select the 'Command Trace ON' option from the pull-down menu 'Projects->Extras->Command Trace Mode. - Then try running the command that is making your window go blank - After it goes blank, hit the Escape key, and then hit the F2 key to flip to the Text Window. - On the Text Window, select the 'Edit' pull-down menu and select 'Copy History'. - Past this history into a text document and attach that file to a post up here and I will see if I can figure out what is happening. It might also be the size of your drawings. I have never ran into any issue with drawing size, but how big are these drawings that you are having the problems with? Steve "jasonrokey" wrote in message news:1494948.1093535571963.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Steve, > Thanks for the reply, below are the answers to your questions. > > 1. Just my AutoCAD window goes blank. > 2. There is still active command at the command line. > 3. AutoCAD seems to lock up. > 4. I can hit the escape key and then use my back arrows to return to the drawing. > 5. It seems that it happens to all of the larger drawings that I try to edit. > > Thanks, > Jason
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Steve,

I have attached the word document of the history file. My document size is 2,891 KB.

Thanks,

Jason
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Jason, That is a pretty large Electrical drawing. The size might be the issue depending on how large the wire networks are on that drawing. At the point where your screen blanks out, it does a zoom Extents on the drawing, this might cause a regeneration of the drawing. The largest drawing I had here on my machine was a little over 1 MB, but I inserted a point WAY out in space so that the drawing would have to zoom out so far when it did the Zoom Extents, that the drawing screen did look like it went blank. When I ran the Signal command like you did, it did take a while to do anything at the same point yours is stopping. To check if this might be the problem, just open the drawing and do a Zoom Extents on the drawing and see what happens. If this is not it, about the only thing I can think of is if you could send me one of the drawings you are seeing the issue with, and I can take a look at it. I also noticed that you are using version 17.0. There are 2 newer version out, and I do not have 17.0 installed on my machine to try anything with it. Steve "jasonrokey" wrote in message news:32548566.1093620686654.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Steve, > > I have attached the word document of the history file. My document size is 2,891 KB. > > Thanks, > > Jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost