AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting terminals and editing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
310 Views, 3 Replies

Inserting terminals and editing

Hey guys,

Ok basically i need to know how to use the batch componant insert properly for inserting terminals into my drawings. i can insert them but i have a number of problems which i am struggeling to find the answers for.

Firstly, when i drop a a fence in to have multiple terminals, i have to say ok to every single terminal that drops in, how can i make this automated? Secondly the numbers seem to be all the same when i drop the terminals in? how can i make them sequential and have a page reference with them? like other componants.

And thirdly, possibly the most crutial part. I need to be able to exclusively export the terminal numbers with page references to an excel spreadsheet, from there i need to be able to edit the terminal numbers which will then change the terminal numbers in my drawings automatically.

I know this may be far to much to explain in a reply so does anybody have a link where i can follow some kind of tutorial for this? either i cant find the required tutorials that are provided by autocad's help section, or one doesn't exist for what i want to do.

thanks again guys

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

1) Use Multiple Insert Component command

1.JPG

And then in this window don't mark Show Edit dialog.

2.JPG

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

ah ok thank you. any idea how to do the rest?

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

• Click Import/Export tabExport panelTo Spreadsheet.

OR Enter AEEXPORT2SS at the command prompt.

• Select the data category to export.

• Click OK.

• In the Data Export dialog box, specify to export the spreadsheet data for the current drawing or the entire project.

• Specify the output format (Microsoft Excel, Access file, Tab-delimited ASCII, or Comma-delimited ASCII) and the location codes to extract, and click OK.

AutoCAD Electrical creates a file of the data pulled from your wiring diagram drawings.

• Open this file in any spreadsheet or database program for view and edit.

Caution: If you selected a Tab or Comma-delimited ASCII format, import all fields as text. Some spreadsheet programs may try to convert some fields into numeric or scientific notation values. You may need to save the AutoCAD Electrical extracted data to a file with a .txt extension and then use the spreadsheet's import wizard to force all fields to be classified as text.

• Note: Do not edit the HDL and DWGNAME fields. These are used by the Update from Spreadsheet utility to link your edits back to the correct drawing and correct block insert on that drawing.

• After editing, save the spreadsheet data back out to its original format.

• (Optional) Before importing the spreadsheet data back into the drawing or project, add additional columns to the spreadsheet data. Label each column with a target ATTRIBUTE name.

During the import function, AutoCAD Electrical checks for these new attributes and updates them with data you entered into the spreadsheet.

• Click Import/Export tabImport panelFrom Spreadsheet. OR Enter AEIMPORTSS at the command prompt.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost