AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting multiple blocks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rday
309 Views, 4 Replies

Inserting multiple blocks

I have a block that represents a VFD. I also have a block that is a parameter setup list for this VFD. Is there anyway to set up the VFD block so that when it is inserted AE will also insert the parameter list block and prompt me for it’s insertion point?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: rday

You might look at inserting this as a "circuit" of the VFD block insert and parameter list block insert (both inserted into one ".dwg" file) instead of inserting the VFD and parameter list blocks as separate components. See if this works: open a new, blank drawing. Use AcadE to inert the VFD at 0,0. Then use AutoCAD's INSERT command to pop in the parameter list block. Save the dwg file, maybe to your "USER" folder. Now, test it. Use AcadE's INS CIRCUIT command, browse to this ".dwg" and pop it into your electrical design. See if it works as you'd hoped. If so, you can encode this on to your electrical INS COMP icon menu or just pop in with the INS CIRCUIT cmd whenever you need it. If this isn't quite what you're looking for, there are other approaches... "rday" wrote in message news:18326947.1075220385217.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... I have a block that represents a VFD. I also have a block that is a parameter setup list for this VFD. Is there anyway to set up the VFD block so that when it is inserted AE will also insert the parameter list block and prompt me for it's insertion point?
Message 3 of 5
rday

That inserts the both of them at the same time but it is not quite what I wanted.
I would like to insert the block of the VFD first then fill in the attribute data just like a normal insert component command. Then the Parameter list block would pop up. Now I insert the Parameter list block into different locations depending on the drawing so it would need to ask for insertion point. Then prompt for attribute data.
Thank's

Is this possible? I can e-mail you both blocks if you need them.
Message 4 of 5
rday

I was just wondering if any one has come up with any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks
Message 5 of 5
rday

Re: Inserting multiple blocks
I have decided to use a CVS file to store the drive parameters and then insert that. I set up a button with the following code " ^C^C(if (not wd_load) (if (setq x (findfile "wd_load.lsp")) (load x))) (wd_load)(c:wd_insym_dlg); wd_14_csv2tab". It will let me pick the VFD and insert it with no problem. But I can not get the spreadsheet to insert. Any pointers, ideas, help?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost