AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Active Contributor
rkinsey
Message 1 of 2 (71 Views)

Inserting Border Issues

71 Views, 1 Replies
08-16-2011 06:44 AM

All, There was a recent discussion about swapping blocks (title blocks/borders) and it was mentioned that to create a dwg to use for replacement, you needed to explode the block. I have done this and thought it was working well, unitl I attempted to scale the border. Our borders have letters and numbers for reference, so unless you select the entire border, these items do not remain part of the border. What am I doing wrong? Anyone??

thanks

*Expert Elite*
Icemanau
Message 2 of 2 (57 Views)

Re: Inserting Border Issues

08-17-2011 03:59 PM in reply to: rkinsey

It sounds like you are scaling in the dwg used for the block itself. In that case you would indeed need to select everything and scale it that way.

It is better to leave that dwg alone and scale the title block AFTER it has been inserted into a dwg. This means it has been inserted as a block and will act like one with all the benifits of the title block update and other block functions.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman)

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.