AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting Border Issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rkinsey
208 Views, 1 Reply

Inserting Border Issues

All, There was a recent discussion about swapping blocks (title blocks/borders) and it was mentioned that to create a dwg to use for replacement, you needed to explode the block. I have done this and thought it was working well, unitl I attempted to scale the border. Our borders have letters and numbers for reference, so unless you select the entire border, these items do not remain part of the border. What am I doing wrong? Anyone??

thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Icemanau
in reply to: rkinsey

It sounds like you are scaling in the dwg used for the block itself. In that case you would indeed need to select everything and scale it that way.

It is better to leave that dwg alone and scale the title block AFTER it has been inserted into a dwg. This means it has been inserted as a block and will act like one with all the benifits of the title block update and other block functions.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost