AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

pmak10p10
Message 1 of 5 (227 Views)

insert wire shown as hidden

227 Views, 4 Replies
02-12-2013 11:44 AM

This just started to happen to a single electrical drawing. When I go to insert a wire the wire is shown as a hidden linetype. Normally the wire would be solid when I insert it. I can manually change but that a pain. When I double click the line instead of the linetype being "bylayer" it is "hidden". Has anybody else ran into this problem.

Thanks for the help

Distinguished Contributor
Tee.Dee
Message 2 of 5 (215 Views)

Re: insert wire shown as hidden

02-12-2013 01:55 PM in reply to: pmak10p10

Have you changed the active layer to something which has a hidden line type?

enter the following on the command line:

_.WireTypeSel1

Check your linetype settings in here, you may have changed the line type or are on one of the layers which uses the hidden line type.

edit:  I didnt read the second part of your post correctly, on the layer you are drawing your line on it sounds like you have manualy changed it to hidden instead of by layer, open up 'Properties' tool palett from Tools>Toolbars>AutoCad and change the line type to By Layer

pmak10p10
Message 3 of 5 (205 Views)

02-12-2013 02:16 PM in reply to: Tee.Dee
I have checked the wire layer setting and the default wire layer is set to continuous. What is strange is that I draw a wire, it comes out as a hidden not solid, double click the wire to pull up the properties. The properties has it listed as the default layer, but the linetype is hidden instead of bylayer. Thanks
Distinguished Contributor
Tee.Dee
Message 4 of 5 (201 Views)

02-12-2013 02:38 PM in reply to: pmak10p10

on the properties toolbar (shown in the attached pic) is the line type set to hidden before you draw the wire?

If it is change it to By Layer then try drawing the line again.  

See if this works

pmak10p10
Message 5 of 5 (177 Views)

02-13-2013 06:08 AM in reply to: pmak10p10

Thanks Tee Dee, that was it, never thought to check that toolbar since i have it hidden.

Thanks again

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.