AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insert wire shown as hidden

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
pmak10p10
481 Views, 4 Replies

insert wire shown as hidden

This just started to happen to a single electrical drawing. When I go to insert a wire the wire is shown as a hidden linetype. Normally the wire would be solid when I insert it. I can manually change but that a pain. When I double click the line instead of the linetype being "bylayer" it is "hidden". Has anybody else ran into this problem.

Thanks for the help

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Tee.Dee
in reply to: pmak10p10

Have you changed the active layer to something which has a hidden line type?

enter the following on the command line:

_.WireTypeSel1

Check your linetype settings in here, you may have changed the line type or are on one of the layers which uses the hidden line type.

edit:  I didnt read the second part of your post correctly, on the layer you are drawing your line on it sounds like you have manualy changed it to hidden instead of by layer, open up 'Properties' tool palett from Tools>Toolbars>AutoCad and change the line type to By Layer

Message 3 of 5
pmak10p10
in reply to: Tee.Dee

I have checked the wire layer setting and the default wire layer is set to continuous. What is strange is that I draw a wire, it comes out as a hidden not solid, double click the wire to pull up the properties. The properties has it listed as the default layer, but the linetype is hidden instead of bylayer. Thanks
Message 4 of 5
Tee.Dee

on the properties toolbar (shown in the attached pic) is the line type set to hidden before you draw the wire?

If it is change it to By Layer then try drawing the line again.  

See if this works

Message 5 of 5
pmak10p10

Thanks Tee Dee, that was it, never thought to check that toolbar since i have it hidden.

Thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost